Intermediate Business Chinese
Doing business with a Chinese company? Maybe even going to China to work? If you’ve completed the Elementary Business Chinese course, or have a level equivalent to that, this is where you continue. You’ll start with a Free Assessment of Mandarin Chinese level if you’re not already one of our students. As a general guide, we expect you to be at or above HSK 3 level. Your teacher will take either your previous history with us or the results of the Free Assessment into account when planning your course with you - that’s the advantage of our 1:1 courses, the course content will be personalised to suit your individual level and learning goals.
As you already understand, knowing the language and culture when you’re doing business with a Chinese company or visiting China will give you an advantage. This is true even though English is now the most popular second language in China, so you will meet many Chinese business people who speak good English. With Mandarin Chinese skills above beginner level, and a cultural insight to match, you’ll really understand all those side conversations and gestures, and how to behave in social situations.
Not only that, just as in any other country, you’ll be trusted quicker and make friends more easily if you can speak to a new colleague or acquaintance in their language, fluently and correctly, not one they have learnt so that they can understand you.
What’s in this Intermediate Business Chinese course?
- Dealing with everyday business travel situations
- Booking a hotel and checking in
- Going to the bank
- Renting accommodation
- Asking the way
- Making an appointment
- Continue developing speaking and listening skills
- Learn and practice common conversation in Chinese business, including:
- Company meetings
- Visiting a factory
- Enquiries and quotations
- Socialising with business colleagues and contacts
- Any other topic(s) of particular interest to you
- Develop your understanding of Chinese business:
- How companies do business in China with examples
- Improve your Chinese business skills
- Business transactions and negotiation
- Understand China's society, social environment and business culture
- Free, regular Group practice, so you can meet online with others at a similar level and practice, With a teacher to help out when you get stuck!
What about after the course?
You should be able to function confidently on a business visit to China, socialise with Chinese colleagues, understand what’s going on at business meetings. When you’re ready, you can move on to the Advanced course to really polish your skills
Want to move fast? Intensive Business Chinese course option!
Like all our courses, you can have all the usual benefits of this course but take more lessons in a shorter time period, for example, one or two lessons a day, whatever suits your learning ability and need to progress faster. Just ask!
Our easy, flexible subscription plans can be used to pay for any of our courses.SUBSCRIBE